Overall Physical Activity
Percentage of children and youth who meet physical activity guidelines of 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per day on average.
- Half of 6- to 8-year-olds met the physical activity recommendation. However, the percentage dropped to 30% and 22% at the 1-year and 2-year follow-ups (accelerometer data).
- Nearly 90% of 11- to 18-year-olds met the recommendation (accelerometer data).
- < 10% of 7- to 19-year-olds self-reported participation in at least 60 minutes of MVPA a day.
- Wong SH, Huang WY, He G. Longitudinal changes in objectively measured physical activity differ for weekdays and weekends among Chinese children in Hong Kong. BMC Public Health. 2015;15(1):1310.
- Cerin E, Sit CH, Wong SH, et al. Understanding the Relative Contribution and Interactive Effects of Psychological, Social and Environmental Correlates of Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviours and Dietary Behaviours in Hong Kong Adolescents. The University of Hong Kong. 2015.
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Healthy Exercise for All Campaign - Physical Fitness Test for the Community. www.censtatd.gov.hk/hkstat/sub/sp380.jsp?productCode=FA100265. Published February 2013. Accessed 12 June 2018.