School – Physical Education, Physical Activity-Related Policy, and Programs
Percentage of schools where the majority of students are offered at least 70 minutes of physical education (PE) per week.
Percentage of schools that have active school policies.
Percentage of schools that offer physical activity opportunities to the majority of their students in addition to PE.
Percentage of school with students who have regular access to facilities and equipment that support physical activity.
- 77% of primary schools had PE classes for 70-120 minutes per week.
- 28% of schools had a documented physical activity-related policy.
- The number of physical activity facilities at school ranges from 0 to 16 and the number of school-based physical activity programs per academic year ranges from 0 to 20.
- Department of Health, Education Bureau, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Healthier Lifestyle for Primary School Children. www.aud.gov.hk/pdf_e/e52ch04.pdf. Published March 2009. Accessed 12 June 2018.
- Ip P, Ho FKW, Louie LHT, et al. Childhood obesity and physical activity-friendly school environments. J Pediatr. 2017;191:110-116.