Community and Environment
Percentage of children or parents who report living in a safe neighborhood where they can be physically active.
Percentage of children or parents who have used sport facilities in their community.
Percentage of children or parents who are satisfied with parks, playgrounds, and sport facilities in their community.
Percentage of children or parents who report having sport facilities, parks, and playgrounds available to them in their community.
- 60%-79% of parents of youth aged 11-18 years felt that their neighborhood was safe (low traffic and crime rate).
- The majority of people aged ≥ 12 years were satisfied with the sport facilities provided by the Government (Location: 95%, price: 70%, cleanliness: 91%, booking arrangement: 66%, staff services: 79%, and level of facilities: 86%).
- Parents gave mean scores of 3.66 (boys) and 3.55 (girls) on the availability of sports facilities (range from 0 to 5).
- Cerin E, Sit CH, Wong SH, et al. Understanding the Relative Contribution and Interactive Effects of Psychological, Social and Environmental Correlates of Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviours and Dietary Behaviours in Hong Kong Adolescents. The University of Hong Kong. 2015.
- Census and Statistics Department, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Thematic Household Survey Report No.47. Public Views on Education Reform; Public Views on the Provision of Sports Facilities. http://www.statistics.gov.hk/pub/B11302472011XXXXB0100.pdf. Published March 2011. Accessed 12 June 2018.
- Wong SH, Huang WY, Cerin E, et al. Home and neighbourhood environment: association with children's physical activity and obesity-related dietary behaviour. Hong Kong Med J. 2016;22(Suppl 6):43-47.